Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Black Outcast

***Writing Tip: Take a look at the outsider.  What good and bad qualities does he/she have? What would you do to prove to someone else that the person wasn't as bad as they thought he/she was?***

He didn't look like us.

His pierced ears always held pointed black earrings.
He didn't have money to eat school lunch.
His long hair flopped in his face.

He swore a lot, but not around me.
His jeans had chains and he always wore black.

He kissed me on the forehead once
His kiss wasn't dirty at all.
He was the person to stay away from.

His old skater boy shoes were laughed at.
He pushed my black wheelchair once.

His jokes were sometimes dirty without him trying.
He didn't dare come near my friends
His grease stained hands took the Bible from me.

He was hated by the students.
His heart wasn't black like they thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment below: