Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Revision

***Writing Tip: Try starting each sentence with the same word, showing your creativity in how you finish the sentence. ***

Bring me a pencil to re-write my story,
     that strand of words tying knots in my brain.
Bring me a pillow to prop up my head,
     giving me the strength to rise upright.
Bring me a spark to make house in my eye,
      letting me know I'm alive and burning.
Bring me a canvas so my spectrum can show,
      splashes of red, my life's blood.
Bring me a thread to stitch worn out rags,
      so this fraying fabric can withstand.
Bring me a puzzle to piece together,
      meshing my life in bits of cardboard.
Bring me a brush to card out my tangles,
      the ever present problems I cannot face.
Bring me a pencil to re-write my story,
      that strand of words tying knots in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment below: